Reporting to the CEO of the company, the R&D Director will lead and oversee the development of the innovative solutions on the bioconjugation field as well as a revolutionary pipeline of biosensors that Nanoimmunotech is to develop on the coming months, supervise the research staff and work closely with Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain Departments.
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
- Meet the established milestones/deadlines on schedule and undertake the projects with a view to assuring its success.
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation.
- Maintain an overall knowledge of Nanoimmunotech’s top prospects and represent that information at meetings and discussions, as needed.
- Supervise the research staff. Set departmental and individual employee goals and provide routine evaluations of progress toward these goals. Identify and promote professional growth opportunities for staff. Ensure adherence to professional standards and ethics of prospect research.
- Ensure R&D activities are properly and thoroughly documented.
- Be accountable for the timely preparation of progress and subject reports according to agreed plans, milestones and company guidelines for areas of direct responsibility.
- Develop and oversee budget expenses through conscientious use of company resources, developing and implementing systems and controls and monitoring spending.
- Perform IP searches, submit new ideas for patent filing, and manage IP portfolio.
- Capture innovative knowledge, in direct or indirect form, from relevant congresses, conferences, seminars, trade shows and workshops for application of strategic areas of product development/technology usage.
- Establish and maintain contact with all relevant national and international organizations and institutes and develop network with external R&D organizations.
- Ensures there are design and experimentation principles and methods in place to support the commercialization process and manufacturing objectives including: product viability, manufacturing efficiency, equipment selection validation, product performance, and repeatability.
- Function as the first point of contact for the Operations Department and be familiarized with the production environment/requirements to ensure efficient product transfer from R&D to the manufacturing organization.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to give solutions to customer requirements.
- Ensure R&D activities lead to achieving Strategic Objectives, improving Sales & Market Position, and optimizing Profitability.
- Creates a positive work environment built on trust, mutual respect, collaboration and open and honest communication.
PhD required in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials science, Polymer Science, Biochemistry or related fields, applied to biosensors and conjugation of biomolecules, nanoparticles and surfaces.
MBA is desired.
A minimum of 5 year industry experience including 2 year of previous experience in a similar supervisory position.
Must possess advanced skills in Nanobiotechnology including an understanding of synthesis of nanoparticles, physicochemical&biological characterization of nanomaterials, biofunctionalization of nanomaterials with a wide variety of biomolecules (including proteins, nucleic acids, peptides, drugs, etc.), application of nanomaterials in biosensing, therapy and theragnosis.
Successful record of accomplishment of taking products into commercial production is highly preferred.
Specific skills and qualifications:
- Results oriented.
- Ability to foster a collaborative, customer-oriented working environment.
- Capable of speaking comfortably in front of any size or type of audience.
- Capable of effectively selecting exemplary staff members through sound interviewing practices and character evaluation technique.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to appropriately communicate sensitive information and to judge how and with whom this information should be shared.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Must possess an ability to think strategically, delegate responsibility, listen carefully, build consensus and communicate and advocate effectively in a multidisciplinary organization.
- Knowledge and ability to implement effective work-flow management policies, leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation, and motivation.
- n-depth understanding of organizational processes and systems.
- Must be able and willing to share credit for successes and encourage the integration of others’ ideas and proposals.
- Demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving, and adaptability.
- Ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Experience of implementing best practices in a research environment.
- Quality management knowledge will be a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not essential.
Publication date: 15 Jun